Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Walla Walla University church

This past Saturday, I had the opportunity to worship at the Walla Walla University church. We were there to drop off our oldest daughter for college. Two things caught my attention.

One...was the excellent and timely message by the pastor. One of my church member's non-SDA husband came with his wife to drop off his son at Walla. He told me he had not understood why his son wanted to attend an Adventist college so badly. That night, we had supper together and he told me he now he gets it. Awesome!

Two...the church members who greeted the new students outside of church on their way in were AWESOME! They welcomed the students, took their names and numbers down, invited them to their homes to eat and to join their weekly home group for college students (which includes freeding them).
 
Again, I was impressed and left assured that my daughter is in good hands. I love it when the church works!
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ron. I have Google alerts on WWU, and thus found your blog post. So glad you loved church as much as I did this last week. Alex's sermon was astounding and hit the nail on the head. I hope your daughter finds this to be as invigorating and active a spiritual home as I have. Come visit us whenever you can!

    ReplyDelete