Tuesday, May 5, 2009

'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus

There is a hymn that has these lyrics:

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust him
How I've proved him o'er and o'er
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus
O for grace to trust him more...

The writer of this hymn(Louisa Stead) seems to find herself in the place that I believe many of us are in, a place of brokenness. She confesses that she needs to trust in Jesus and that only by grace is such reckless trust possible.

We've been told to trust in Jesus,to confess our sins, receive forgiveness, and become redeemed children of God. And yet, we worry about tomorrow... You are not alone, it is tough to trust, especially when you consider the world we live in(terrorism, the plummeting economies,crime, and all other distractions). Trusting in Jesus is probably the most difficult calling of a Christ-follower. And yet, we're given very little room in God's word to not trust in Jesus.

So, that's what I am going to pray for today... "Lord, increase my faith. Give me the grace to trust you more."

No comments:

Post a Comment