Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Book Review: Greater, by Steven Furtick


Furtick, Steven, “Greater”

In this book, Steven Furtick writes to those seeking to follow God, and outlines a plan on how to step out of a boring, mundane life and into the “Greater” life promised us by Jesus. Furtick uses the biblical story of Elisha, an Old Testament prophet, to encourages to dive into something new, a Greater life with God.

Furtick’s style is easy to read and his use of story and humor make it an easy read. He uses the story of people he knows and weaves into the biblical story of  Elisha, especially focusing on Elisha’s journey from a farmer to a prophet, to reminds us that God can do a lot through us if we only allow it. One of the best parts of this book is the study guide at the back that, as Fiurtick says, can help to move me out of my “lesser loser life” and into something “greater” for the glory of God.

I enjoyed this book. It made me think. I will be going back and reviewing it. If you are looking for an easy read with a devotional spin to it, I recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment