Monday, July 2, 2012

Questions From The Gospel of Mark


Over the last few months, Jeff Heath, Garrison Chaffee, and I read through the Gospel of Mark. One of the things that struck me was the number of questions Jesus asked. I have begun to look at them more carefully and over the next few weeks will be sharing them with you for your own study.

Mark 2:8-9: At once Jesus perceived in his spirit that they were discussing these questions among themselves; and he said to them, Why do you raise such questions in your hearts? Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Stand up and take your mat and walk’?

Mark 2:19: Jesus said to them, “The wedding guests cannot fast while the bridegroom is with them, can they? As long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast.”

Mark 2:25: And he said to them, “Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need of food?”

Mark 3:4: Then he said to them, Is it lawful to do good or to do harm on the Sabbath, to save life or to kill? But they were silent.

Mark 3:23: And he called to them, and said to them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

Mark 3:33-35: And he replied, “Who are my mother and my brothers?” And looking at those who sat around him, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does the will of God is my brother and sister and mother.”

Mark 4:13: And he said to them, “Do you not understand this parable? Then how will you understand all the parables?

Mark 4:21: He said to them, Is a lamp brought in to be put under the bushel basket, or under the bed, and not on the lamp stand?

Mark 4:30: He also said, “With what can we compare the Kingdom of God, or what parable will we use for it?

Mark 4:40: He said to them, “Why are you afraid? Have you still no faith?

Mark 5:9: Then Jesus asked him, What is your name?” He replied, “My name is Legion; for we are many.”

Mark 5:30: Immediately aware that power had gone forth from him, Jesus turned about in the crowd and said, “Who touched my clothes?

Mark 6:38: And he said to them, “How many loaves have you? Go and see.” When they had found out, they said, “Five, and two fish.”

Mark 7:18-19: He said to them, Then do you also fail to understand? Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile, since it enters, not the heart but the stomach, and goes out into the sewer?”

Mark 8:5: He asked them, How many loaves do you have?” They said, ”Seven.“

Mark 8:12: And he sighed deeply in his spirit and said, “Why does this generation ask for a sign? Truly I tell you, no sign will be given to this generation.”

Mark 8:17-21: And becoming aware of it, Jesus said to them, ”Why are you talking about having no bread? Do you still not perceive or understand? Are your hearts hardened? Do you have eyes, and fail to see? Do you have ears, and fail to hear? And do you not remember? When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many baskets full of broken pieces did you collect? They said to him,” Twelve.“ ”And the seven for the four thousand, how many baskets full of broken pieces did you collect? And they said to him, “Seven.” Then he said to them,” Do you not yet understand?

Mark 8:23: He took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the village; and when he had put saliva on his eyes and laid his hands on him, he asked him, Can you see anything?”

Mark 8:27: Jesus went on with his disciples to the villages of Caes·a·rē´a Phi·llip´pī; and on the way he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that I am?”

Mark 8:29: He asked them, But who do you say that I am?” Peter answered him, “You are the Messiah.“

Mark 8:36-37: For what will it profit them to gain the whole world and forfeit their life? Indeed, what can they give in return for their life?

Mark 9:12-13: He said to them, ”E·lī´jah is indeed coming first to restore all things. How then is it written about the Son of Man, that he is to go through many sufferings and be treated with contempt? But I tell you that E·lī´jah has come, and they did to him whatever they pleased, as it is written about him.”

Mark 9:16: He asked them, “What are you arguing about with them?”

Mark 9:19: He answered them, You faithless generation, how much longer must I be among you? How much longer must I put up with you? Bring him to me.”

Mark 9:21: Jesus asked the father, ”How long has this been happening to him?“ And he said, “From childhood.“

Mark 9:33: Then they came to Ca·per´na·um; and when he was in the house he asked them, What were you arguing about on the way?

Mark 10:3: He answered them, “What did Moses command you?”

Mark 10:17: Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.”

Mark 10:36: And he said to them, “What is it you want me to do for you?”

Mark 10:38: But Jesus said t them, “You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, or be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?”

Mark 10:51: Then Jesus said to him, What do you want me to do for you? The blind man said to him, “My teacher, let me see again.“

Mark 11:17: He was teaching and saying, Is it not written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer for all the nations’? But you have made it a den of robbers.”

Mark 11:29-30: Jesus said to them, ”I will ask you one question; answer me, and I will tell you by what authority I do these things. Did the baptism of John come from heaven, or was it of human origin? Answer me.”

Mark 12:9: What then will the owner of the vineyard do? He will come and destroy the tenants and give the vineyard to others.

Mark 12:10-11: Have you not read this scripture: “The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; this was the Lord’s doing, and it is amazing in our eyes“?

Mark12:15b: But knowing their hypocrisy, he said to them, Why are you putting me to the test? Bring me a denarius and let me see it.”

Mark 12:16: And they brought one. Then he said to them, Whose head is this, and whose title? They answered, ” The emperor’s.“

Mark 12:24: Jesus said to them, Is not this the reason you are wrong, that you know neither the scriptures nor the power of God?

Mark 12:26: And as for the dead being raised, have you not read in the book of Moses, in the story about the bush, how god said to him, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’?

Mark 13:2: Then Jesus asked him, Do you see these great buildings? Not one stone will be left here upon another; all will be thrown down.”

Mark 14:6: But Jesus said, “Let her alone; why do you trouble her? She has performed a good service for me.”

Mark 14:37: He came and found them sleeping; and he said to Peter, Simon, are you asleep? Could you not keep awake one hour?

No comments:

Post a Comment