Thursday, August 4, 2011

1 Corinthians 13:11 - “When I was a child…”

1 Corinthians 13:11 - “When I was a child…”

When I was a child I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought (or reasoned) as a child: but when I became a man (adult), I put away childish things (and ideas). What is the single most important idea about your religious experience that you have changed as an adult?

Unlike Robert Fulghum, author of the book, “Everything I Ever Needed to Know I Learned in Kindergarten,” many of the ideas that are important to me are those that I learned as an adult.

For example:
1. The distinction between what the bible says and what someone say the bible says is important.
2. Honest, informed Christians differ about the interpretation of scripture.
3. Right doctrine is a means to an end, not an end in itself.
4. Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Catholics, Baptists, etc…have something to teach us.
5. Having “The Truth” can be a curse.
6. Our relationship to other people defines our relationship to God.
7. It’s is all right to be happy, to have joy.

Something to think about…

No comments:

Post a Comment