Thursday, February 11, 2010

Church

This last Sunday, I had three phone calls from people asking me if I had seen the front page of the local paper, The Santa Rosa Press Democrat. Since I don't get the paper, I decided to check it out online (On Monday, I had two copies of the paper left on my desk, just in case...).

As I read the article,(http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20100206/ARTICLES/100209609)

I found it interesting that this was the lead article, on the front page...clearly indicating to me that the issue of faith, particularly relevant faith, is of upmost interest to people in our community (and around the country). The article talks about the aging churches in Sonoma County (again, this is no different than anywhere else in the country)and how today's generation will not repond to the way we have always done church. The article is about one church that was on the brink of closing. It had 78 members and was dying fast, until the pastor changed the way they did church, changed the name, and started focusing on loving people above anything else. This church has grown to 1000 members in seven years.

I invite you to read the article and to share your thoughts on it...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pastor Ron,
    I tried to look at the article you mentioned, but the link is broken.
    Heather W

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you cut and paste into the address bar it will go right to it. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete